10 pcs medium size fresh prawns, clean and discard half head & sharp tail
1/2 egg white
salt & pepper to taste
tapioca / corn starch for coating
Kam Heong ingredients :
1 tbsp chopped garlic
one bunch curry leaves
3 birds eye chilies, roughly chopped ( to your taste )
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tspn dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
salt & chicken powder to taste.
(1) marinade prawns with salt & pepper and egg white and corn starch, set aside for 1/2 hour.
(2) Optional - stir in tapioca / corn starch to prawns is well coated immediately deepfried untill golden and set aside.
(3) preheat wok/frying pan with just enough cooking oil.
(4) stir in chopped garlic, curry leaves and curry powder, chili, saute untill fragrant. add in the remaining seasoning and 2 tbsp water simmer for a few seconds and stir in fried prawns, mix to well combined.
(5) and serve warm with steamed rice.