03.05.2011 @ Home Tuaran, Sabah, Msia. Only back home for 3 days, this afternoon decided to cook some good food for lunch with mom. Mom bought a big, fresh & beautiful Garoupa. I decided to steamed the beauty in Plum Sauce and soft Poached Chicken with a flavourful yummy healthy chicken soup. Our family love to cook this during the chinese new year or any big event on the chinese calender. Here are the recipes.
STEAMED GAROUPA IN PLUM SAUCE RECIPE
1 whole fresh garoupa
1 stalk of spring onion cut
little coriander leaves
fresh ginger julienne
3 tbsp Plum Sauce
dash of light soya sauce
1 tbsp chicken granule mixed with water stir well.
* clean fish put aside on plate.
* Prepare wok to steamed, put in hot water to wok cover lid and let it boil.
* little salt over fish, and dash of light soya sauce. Spoon plum sauce over fish all over, add chopped ginger inside fish and outside. Mixed in chicken granule.
* When wok is ready for steam, open lid and place the fish into wok, let it steamed for 10 minutes, check if fish is cooked through ( depending on size of the fish ) sprinkle spring onion and off fire, closed lid for future 5 minutes.
* Just before served, pour a spoonful of hot shallot oil on top and sprinkle coriander leaves/parsley & crispy fried shallots. ( you can however sprinkle some fried garlic too ).
* served hot with rice.
POACHED CHICKEN WITH SOUP RECIPE
1 whole chicken ( free range chicken )
6-7 pcs fresh shitaki mushroom
1/2 carrot finely sliced
6-10 pcs dried scallops
5-8 pcs red dates
1 pcs dried tai dao choi ( mainly for cooking soup for flavour )
1 canned green peas
corriander leaves/ parsley finely chopped
* Rinse chicken drain well and pat dry.
* Rub some salt all over the chicken skin.
* Marinate about 10 to 15 minutes.
* Prepare a pot just enough to fit the whole chicken, pour in water to pot add in red dates, tai dao choi, mushroom, carrot & scallops and bring to boil.
* Put chicken into a pot of boiling water, cover and bring to boil once more for 2-3 minutes. Off fire and soak the chicken into hot water for another 45 minutes till cooked.
* Dish up chicken and keep the broth to turn into chicken clear soup.
* Soack chicken into cool water/ice water immediately for 20 minutes until cool. Remove and drain.
* Cut chicken into desire pieces.
* On fire, let the clear chicken broth to boil, add in canned green peas and add salt to taste. served hot with chicken & sprinkle with chopped corriander leaf / parsley before served.
Happy Cooking !!