This is yummy stuff!! I love eating papaya flowers, i remember eating this when i was a kid, it was bitter to the top and i hate it so much. Mom love mix this with cangkuk / sayur manis. This time i use bok choy basically i do not have sayur manis, both taste more or less the same. love it. I do not remember how mom cook, but my way, i turn it into a delicious delicacy! it isn't as bitter as it was before anymore! yum
Look at the colors, so beautiful and delicious!
2 Pkts Papaya Flowers
Chopped finely with Food Processor-
3 garlic, finely chop or pound
3 shallots, finely chop or pound
10 chili keriting
4tbsp dried shrimps ( soak in water until soft )
2tbsp Chicken Granules
Sugar and Salt to taste
* Pick and clean and set aside.
* Heat wok, add in 500ml water and add 1tbsp salt.
* When water start boiling, add in papaya flower let it cook for 5-7 minutes. This is to reduce the bitterness of the flowers. Dish up, discard water, set cooked flower aside.
* Heat wok, sauteed chopped ingredients until aromatic, season with salt.
* Add in cook papay flower mixed well and add the rest of the seasoning, stir, mix well till combine.
* Add water stir fry for a little while and dish up! serve hot with rice.
Simple and Easy, Happy Cooking!