This is one hell of a luxury crunchy cookies that you must have for festivals. Its yummy and delicious, so easy to make!
So delicious and addictive!!
CASHEW NUTS COOKIES
200g Butter / Margerine
80g powder sugar
1 egg yolk
280g super all-purpose flour (sift)
20g corn starch / custard powder (sift)
1/2tsp baking powder (sift)
150g Roasted cashew nuts ( Roast nuts 180c for 10 minutes, ground with food processor, set aside )
2 egg yolks ( egg wash )
Cashew nuts for topping ( raw )
* Beat (A) until light and fluffy. Add in (B) beat until all combine.
* Add (C) flour, corn starch/custard powder, BP mix with a mixer until all combine, fold in 150g ground cashew nuts with a mixer to mix well.
* On a working table. Place a layer of cling wrap on work area. Place dough on cling wrap. roll with rolling pin thickness of 1/2cm thick, cut dough with cookies cutter of your desire shape.
* Place on a baking tray that has already line grease paper.
* Press halve cashew nut on top of cookie, brush with egg wash.
* Bake at 180c for 25 - 30 minutes. ( for 2nd or last tray might need to cut down few minutes the duration of baking as the oven is hot might burn cookies easily )
* When cookies are done, remove from oven, transfer to wire rack to cool and store in airtight container.