ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE
RAISINS, WALNUTS & CREAMCHEESE FROSTING
(A) wet ingredients
4 large eggs
180g brown sugar
(B) dry ingredients
260g All purpose flour
1tsp baking soda
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1 1/2tsp cinnamon powder
340g grated fresh carrot
100g toasted chopped walnut ( for cake & garnish )
1/4cup raisin ( soaked in juice / water )
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
230g cream cheese, room temperature
Unsalted butter ( i omit butter )
Icing sugar to taste
1tsp lemon juice
* Cream Cheese Frosting: In bowl beat the cream cheese on low speed, just until blended with no lumps. Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar and beat on low speed until fully incorporated and smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
* Pre-heated oven 180c. Grease bottom and side line with grease paper.
* Pre-heated oven toast walnuts 180c for 20mins. Let cool and chop coarsely, set aside.
* Soak raisin in bowl of warm water or juice.
* Peel and finely grate the carrots.
* In a separate bowl whisk Dry Ingrdients (B)
* Wet Ingredients (A) - In bowl of electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the eggs until frothy (about 1 minute). Gradually add the sugar and beat until the batter is thick and light colored (about 3 - 4 minutes). Add the oil in a steady stream and then beat in the vanilla extract. Add (A) with a spatula, mix well. With a large rubber spatula fold in the grated carrots and 80% chopped walnuts and 20% for garnishing.
* Bake for 1 hour, no more no less.
* Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. After about 5 -10 minutes invert the cakes onto the wire rack, remove the pans and parchment paper, and then cool completely before frosting.
* To assemble: place one cake layer onto your serving plate. Spread with about half the frosting. Gently place the other cake onto the frosting and spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake, garnish with toasted walnuts.
* Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.