Afternoon tea must have this buns. Oh..yeah! yummy! Every piece just reminded me my childhood days, mom love to buy this for me, i just love the sweetness of the coconut. Every bite is magic in my mouth.
COCONUT SWEET BUNS
500g Bread Flour
30g melted butter or oil
1 whole egg
1 egg wash
125g freshly grated coconut
70g caster sugar
30g egg, lightly beaten
* Mix eveything in a bowl, set aside.
* In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together. Beat to 7 minutes until a smooth dough.
* Transfer dough on working table, dust with flour, knead for a while.
* Cover dough with a towel, let it rise in double, around 30 minutes.
* Any extra dough, can freeze in airtight container with a cling wrap.
* Take a portion of dough, round out 9 pcs of buns. Take 1 round dough flatten it, put coconut filling in the center, seal edges pinch tightly. Flatten with a rolling pin to oblong shape, make 3 or 4 cuts at the folded end but do not cut right through to the end, use hand to pull it longer, twist dough pinch to seal the end.
* Place buns on flour dusted pan. Let rise for 15 mins until double.
* When ready, brush with egg wash.
* Bake pre-heated 190c for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
these smell so so good when its out from the oven!! aahh...the kitchen smell fantastic