20.09.2016 - After many years of trying this temperature that temperature, many failures, wastage and a time that i totally stop baking this particular cake.. finally, this time with this method, my Japanese Cotton Cheesecake came out perfect!.
This is my 2nd attempt of using below method to bake, i finally get a smooth top perfectly, no cracks and shrinkage!! I used steambake method instead of waterbath, i find that with this method, my cake bottom stay dry. This is how my oven works, see below method of baking.
250g Cheese cream (room temperature)
6 egg yolks
100ml fresh milk
1tbsp lemon juice
60g cake flour
20g corn starch ( can replace with potato starch )
1/4tsp salt ( if you used unsalted butter, u may omit this )
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
* Grease 8" round pan base and side, line grease paper base, side dust with flour.
* Double boil, melt cheese, butter, milk and sugar set aside to cool and add in egg yolks one at a time, vanilla, lemon juice mix well with balloon whisk.
* Sift cheese & egg mixture to free of lumps.
* Sift and fold in cake flour & corn flour slowly with a whisk.
* Beat egg white until soft to firm peak.
* Mix into batter 3 batches. 2 time with whisk, last with spatula.
* Pre-heated oven with waterbath 200c.
* Bake 200c 20 minutes ( center rack )
160c 40 minutes ( lower rack )
Off Oven closed door - 30 minutes ( with water tray inside )
Bake again at 130c 10 minutes ( removed water tray )