19.12.2016 - HongKong Paper Wrapped Cupcake is also one of my childhood favourite. Kids just love this cake and so as me! i can eat 3 to 4 in one go! hehe...
Today i share with you the recipe taste exactly the same from bakery, little shrink once cool but still perfect, no cracks, its so aromatic, light and airy, so delicately soft, full of eggy goodness and yummy sponge cake.
However, i used square paper cup to bake this batch because i couldn't find the flower metal cups especially for this cake. Hope someday could get some for this so as my HongKong Paper Cupcake looks more like the original ones.
Lucky me, using square paper cups work too!! Look at the sponge, its so so soft and delicious, melt in your mouth. Yummy!
HONGKONG PAPER WRAPPED CUPCAKES
( 7 square cupcakes )
3 large egg whites
65g icing sugar
3 large egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil
65g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
* Whisk egg whites and icing sugar until stiff peak.
* Mix egg yolks + 1 whole egg and oil into a bowl, whisk until light with a balloon whisk.
* Sift in flour mix well until combine.
* Add in meringue into batter.
* Line paper cups, pour in cups equally. ( if you metal mould, line with grease paper, fill batter into piping bag fill each cups )
* Bake 170c, 35 minutes or until cook.
* Remove cakes from oven, ( invert cake from mould ) cool on wire rack.
Look at this batch, all perfectly cooked, soft and airy like cotton candy! Delicious sponge cake!