Countless times of making this aromatic crunchy childhood Chinese Peanut Cookies for CNY and Raya Festival over the years. It is time to share this to all of you.
This recipe yield quite a large quantity, im happy with the amount as i usually made this to give away for relatives and friends. This recipe by Nasilemaklover as i did some adjustment.
To make the cookie dough is simply easy, just mix everything into a large bowl and done, the only thing that is time consuming is having each ball to be measured. As i mentioned this recipe yield a large quantity of cookies, well if you do this along, you might need a chair to sit down comfortably from rolling, measuring, stamping to brushing,...huuuu......only if you love baking, you won't complain about it.... and be very patience like do not stress out!! *lol
TRADITIONAL CHINESE PEANUT COOKIES
( I make around 230 pcs )
930g or 6 cups Roasted Skinless Peanuts ( original recipe used skinned peanuts )
( roast peanut for 180c, 30mins or until aromatic )
780g or 6 cups Plain Flour
280g or 2 cups Icing Sugar
1/2tsp + 1/4tsp Salt
280g Vegetable Oil ( original recipe used lard )
180g Peanut Oil
2-3 egg yolks for egg wash
1 chopstick for cookies stamping
* Roast and chop peanut finely with food processor.
* In a large clean bowl. Combine flour, sugar, salt, chopped peanuts, mix well with whisk. Add in oil and form a dough.
* Pinch dough each weight 10g, roll into ball and line on baking tray. stamp with back of chopstick.
* Top with egg wash.
* Bake at 170c for 25 minutes.
* Let it cool before store into an airtight jar.